<3 HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY <3
Valentine's Day... love it or hate it (or think that it's cheesy), it's still a nice day to show the people around you how much you appreciate them - and a great excuse to eat chocolates. I combined both with this super simple V-Day craft! These little candy-filled treats are quick to put together and will be the perfect sweet surprise to give to your family, friends, coworkers, and significant other. Check out how I made them below, and keep spreading the love!! XOXO
Supplies You'll Need:
-Small take-out style boxes (I found them at Michael's)
-A heart shaped stamp and an XOXO stamp (I found mine at PaperSource)
-a red stamp pad
-red and pink string (I found mine at PaperSource)
-kraft paper blank gift tags
-candy (I used Valentine colored kisses, m&m's, and peppermint patties)
1) Carefully stamp hearts all over your take-out boxes. Note: to stabilize the boxes I placed my hand inside while stamping.
2. Once your boxes are covered, set them aside and let them dry.
3. While your boxes dry, decorate the gift tags with your XOXO stamp (or any other stamp you'd like) on one side and a personal Valentine message on the other. I wrote, "Sweetest wishes for a Happy Valentine's Day!"
4) Fill up each box with an assortment of candy and then close them up!
5) Use the colored string to attach the gift tags to the handles of each box (I cut equal lengths of both colors, red and pink, and used them to tie up the tags).
6) All done! Now share them with the people you love :)
My name is Abby Formella and I'm a 26 year-old working girl living in the lovely borough of Brooklyn, New York.