One of my favorite Christmas traditions is sending and receiving Christmas cards! It seems like most of the time our mailboxes are full of bills and junk mail, so it's fun to get something personal and festive this time of year. As a kid, I always loved looking through all of the cards my parents would get in the mail. I especially loved the cards that were handmade and unique. I was getting cabin fever on a recent wintery Sunday, so I decided to get creative and make handmade cards to send to a few of our friends and family. I created these christmas tree cards using just a few supplies - so simple! Check out how I made them below:
SUPPLIES YOU'LL NEED:
-craft paper cardstock (I used size 5.5"x7.5")
-one large sheet of green paper (I used one that was lightly textured)
-one small sheet of dark brown paper
-decorative brads (found in the scrapbooking aisles, I used these stars)
-decorative sheets of paper in the colors and designs of your choosing
-foam adhesive circles
-a holiday stamp and stamp pad
-washi tape in holiday colors
1. Fold cardstock in half to create a card.
2. Cut a piece of decorative paper (I did mine slightly smaller than the actual card to create a border) and attach to the card front with glue dots.
3. Cut three small triangle shapes out of the green paper (make sure the size is small enough to fit three of them comfortably across the card).
4. Cut three small rectangles out of the brown paper and attach with glue dots to the back of the green triangle "trees" so that just the bottom sticks out as the "trunk."
5. Decorate each tree with the star brads (I used a pushpin to poke small holes in the paper before inserting the brads to avoid wrinkling the paper).
6. Attach the finished trees to the front of the card with the adhesive foam circles (the circles give a "3D" effect).
7. Decorate the inside of the card with your holiday stamp! Let dry.
8. While the card is drying, decorate the envelope by adding a washi tape border.
9. Fill the card with a holiday message and you're ready to pop in the mail (don't forget the stamp ;) ). Merry Christmas!!
My name is Abby Formella and I'm a 26 year-old working girl living in the lovely borough of Brooklyn, New York.